NJMCDirect is a website that allows you to pay your traffic ticket in Jersey State online. It is fast, secure, and convenient for your ticket payment. It saves the time of physically going to the municipal court to inquire about and pay charges for traffic violations.
Use this official NJMCDirect website link to make NJ Traffic ticket payment
- It makes online payments possible instead of physically visiting the municipal court
- Paying virtually will save you time
- There is the convenience of paying at the comfort of your home
- No need to queue
- It is an easy portal to use
- Payments are fast. No delays
- It is a secure platform
Pay NJMCDirect Traffic Ticket Online
The following information is important when you intend to make online payments for any traffic violation fees through NJMCDirect.com:
- The registration number of your car
- The assigned parking or traffic ticket number
With the information ready, visit the NJMCDirect website. Key in the above information about your car registration and a ticket number. Proceed with the payment.
You can make the payments using recognized or accepted debit and credit cards like VISA and MasterCard. You should note that card payments attract a 3% fee. Check the reverse side of your ticket number for alternative payment methods.
NJMCDirect online payment timings
NJMCDirect is not a 24-hour operational system. The specific hours are as indicated below in the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone.
- Monday through Thursday: 4:30 AM to 11:45 PM
- Fridays: 4:30AM to 10:15PM
- Saturdays: 4:30 AM to 3:15 PM
- Sundays: 1:00PM to 11:15PM
The Process of Searching Traffic Violation Number
If you can’t remember the traffic ticket number, you can use the NJMCDirect portal to retrieve the details. For a successful search, you should have at least one of the following:
- Your official name and driving license number
- The complaint number
- Number of the slip
You will follow the next prompts, and you will get the details. If the issue cannot be resolved on the portal, then you will have to get in touch with the municipal court.
From the above details, there are four options for searching for a traffic violation number. You can use the ticket number, complaint number, license number, or your name.
- Search by ticket/slip number. The portal retrieves and displays the court ID, the prefix, and the municipal court name.
- Search using the complaint number. The portal displays court code, the prefix, assigned number of the complaint, name of the state, and name of the respondent.
- Search using the license number. The portal displays the state name, ID of the license, and the respective class.
- Search using the name. Key in the first name, middle name initial, and last name.
How do you contact NJMCDirect?
- Get in touch with the municipal court through:
- Phone number: 609-815-2900
- Email address: email@example.com
- Official website: www.njmcdirect.com
Does a Ticket NJ attract any surcharge?
We define a surcharge as a penalty executed by the New Jersey Surcharge Violation System after analysis of drivers who have higher annual traffic violation points. It comes along with other court penalties as an additional conviction. The laws governing surcharges were enacted back in 1983. The court penalizes drivers with higher points. Driving while intoxicated and driving while prohibited by a court order are examples of such offenses.
Payment Process for NJMCDirect Surcharge
Before proceeding with the surcharge viewing or payment process, ensure you have the following details:
- The surcharge digits
- The assigned judgment digit
- The driver’s license number
- The digit for the notice
- The installment payment plan amount.
With the above information, you can proceed to the website https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_NJAISC_Web/index.jsp to view and make the payments. In the search field, use any of the above five elements, then enter the date of birth in the field that follows to implement the search.
Paying for the NJ Surcharge
- You can call the free telephone number and make payment via an electronic card.
- Pay cash through western union office.
- Pay via cheque or money order to NJSVS in Moorestown, New Jersey.
- You can use debit /credit cards to make payments via the internet.
- The details of your surcharges are the same as what appears on your bill.
What are the contact details when I experience a problem with the website?
Make a toll-free call to 844-424-6829 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (EST) to get assistance.
What is the cost of a seatbelt ticket in NJ?
While in New Jersey, front-seat occupants (the drivers and passengers) should fasten their safety belts. Failure to adhere to the provision attracts a fine of $46. If you are in the back seat and you fail to wear your seat belt, then you can be convicted as per the enacted laws of 2010 and provided you have attained the age of majority.
How are NJ speeding tickets assigned points?
The table indicates the total points the driver accrues for speeding on the NJ ticket hinge.
|Speed above the limit||Points||Fine|
|1 to 9 miles per hour.||2 point||$85|
|10 to 14 miles /hour||2 points||$95|
|15 to 19 miles/hour||4 points||$105|
|20 to 24 miles/hour||4 points||$200|
|25 to 29 miles/hour||4 points||$220|
|30 to 34 miles/hour||5 points||$240|
|35 to 39 miles /hour||5 points||$269|
Are there consequences for Failure to Pay Surcharge
If you fail to honor the payment notice and do not pay the surcharges in time, you will face the consequences. It may include a temporary ban on your driving license. If you continue driving under the suspension order, further penalties will be effected. A certificate of debt with the outstanding dues will be deposited in court. The court bars you from selling your property, and your details can be forwarded to the credit reference bureaus.
What are some of the tickets you can pay for through NJMCDirect?
An individual must meet the following thresholds:
- If the officer who schedules you does not order for your physical attendance, then you can comfortably make the payments through the portal.
- The token is termed as a time payment order.
- The tickets coming from the court have no warrants.
What browsers are compatible with the portal?
- Google Chrome
- Windows Explorer 9.0 and above